Running VMWare in vncserver on Linux

Anthony Jewell tjewell@cregganna.com
Wed Jul 16 10:41:01 2003

Ishan,

I suspect that vmware is assuming that your X Server is running on the
console - it is therefore trying to use DGA to access the console directly.

What is your DISPLAY variable? If it is ":0.0" then maybe it is making
this assumption and the DGA will be used. Try putting a hostname in
the DISPLAY.

My vmware works inside vncserver (Xvnc) although the colors are all
screwed (Yet to fix).

Hope this helps,

Anthony

--