Can't lock local keyboard when AllowProperties=0

James M. Henderson jhenderson@bne.catholic.edu.au
Wed Jul 16 06:03:00 2003

Thanx for the input, William.
Unfortunately this didn't have any noticable effect.

Is it actually possible to prevent user access to the properties dialog, as well as lock the local
keyboard when accessing the server ?  It seems odd to have two different security features that
cancel each other out.

I am in a school situation, & am using VNC to monitor/control classroom PCs.  I want to be
able to access a student's PC & kill any inappropriate activities (web browsing etc) without
having to fight for control of the mouse.  I also don't want students to be able to fiddle with
VNC properties, for obvious reasons.  Surely these should not be mutually exclusive aims ?

Any help appreciated.

Mick H.