Can't lock local keyboard when AllowProperties=0

William Hooper
Fri Jul 11 01:19:01 2003

James M. Henderson said:
> The problem is this: On the server machine, I have set AllowProperties,
> AllowEditClients & AllowShutdown to  in the registry - this works fine,
> all of those options become unavailable to the user.
> However, now the Disable Local Keyboard & Pointer function has ceased to
> operate, & Lock Workstation (or Logoff) when Last Client Disconnects has
> also stopped working.

Have you taken into account that AllowProperties "...stops all global
per-user settings"?  Try changing the "InputsEnabled" and "LockSetting" in
the default user settings (HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default) or local
per-user settings (HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\<username>) instead.

William Hooper