Re: Can't connect to vncserver on dial-up...

Mr. Wang outcast@netease.com
Thu Jul 10 09:51:01 2003

Hello, Barry Zubel:

    Some details show as follows:

   My office LAN is directly connected to the Internet, no NAT, no firewall. My office computer is assigned a Global IP address. And let me state my experiment again:

Computer Infomation:
   PC1: vncserver, win2000 pro, network card connect to LAN1 and then to Internet.
   PC2: vncviewer, win98, network card connect to the same LAN1 and then to Internet/dial-up to Internet.
   PC3: vncviewer, win2000, network card connect to LAN2 and proxy to Internet.
   The Winvnc version is 3.3.7.

Experiment step:
   1. PC2 can connect to PC1 in LAN,
   2. PC2 can't connect to PC1 Via dial-up network, PC2 can ping PC1 successfully, and can ftp to PC1, access sharing resource of PC1.
   3. PC3 can connect to PC1 over Internet.

so, It seems that Winvnc doesn't work on dail-up network. why?

Thanks for any help you may provide

Best regards