VNC from work (w/ proxy) to home (w/ DSL)

Scott C. Best sbest@best.com
Wed Jul 9 19:03:00 2003

Jeremy:

	Yes, the firewall/proxy setuyp you have at work is most
likely blocking your attempts to connect to a "non-popular" TCP
service (ie, something not associated with web-browsing, ftp'ing,
or telnet'ing).

	Your best bet is to setup an SSH or Zebedee tunnel from
your workplace to your home LAN. Most SSH clients support proxy'ing
nowadays, so this connection has a better chance of getting "thru"
your workplace's firewall/proxy systems. Once it's working, you can
run VNC via this tunnel.

	You can find some details on setting up such tunnels here:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/28.html

	Good luck!

-Scott