AuthHosts syntax

ben.blackmore@triumph-international.co.uk ben.blackmore@triumph-international.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 08:15:01 2003

But if you had "+10.0.60.101" wouldn't it only accept a connection from that IP anyway, all others would be rejected? So does it need
to have "-10.0.60.100" in there?

Ben

Triumph International Ltd
Arkwright Road, Groundwell, Swindon, SN25 5BE

Ben Blackmore
I.T. Department

Phone:      +44 (0) 1793 720126
Fax:           +44 (0) 1793 720179
Mail:           ben.blackmore@triumph-international.co.uk
Visit us at: http://www.triumph-international.co.uk

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

                      "Kaciuba,
                      Michael - AUS            To:      "'ben.blackmore@triumph-international.co.uk'"
                      PER"                     <ben.blackmore@triumph-international.co.uk>
                      <kacim@jlta.com.         cc:
                      au>                      Subject: RE: AuthHosts syntax

                      09/07/2003 03:06

The - sign means deny and the + sign means accept. For example an authhosts
string which shows "-10.0.60.100:+10.0.60.101:?10.0.60.102" means that the
ip address 10.0.60.100 can not use vnc where as 10.0.60.101 can. 10.0.60.102
has the ability to use vnc but will require authorisation on the users end.
by the way, in a string you use a : to seperate ip addresses. Another
example, if your script shows "-" then no ip address will be able to use
vnc. This is good to stop all unwanted connections. To specify a connection
you want to be available you simply add the ip address. eg "-:+10.0.60.100"
in this string only 10.0.60.100 can use vnc.