AuthHosts syntax
Wed Jul 9 08:15:01 2003

But if you had "+" wouldn't it only accept a connection from that IP anyway, all others would be rejected? So does it need
to have "-" in there?

Triumph International Ltd
Arkwright Road, Groundwell, Swindon, SN25 5BE

Ben Blackmore
I.T. Department

Phone:      +44 (0) 1793 720126
Fax:           +44 (0) 1793 720179
Visit us at:

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

                      Michael - AUS            To:      "''"
                      PER"                     <>
                      <         cc:
                      au>                      Subject: RE: AuthHosts syntax
                      09/07/2003 03:06

The - sign means deny and the + sign means accept. For example an authhosts
string which shows "-" means that the
ip address can not use vnc where as can.
has the ability to use vnc but will require authorisation on the users end.
by the way, in a string you use a : to seperate ip addresses. Another
example, if your script shows "-" then no ip address will be able to use
vnc. This is good to stop all unwanted connections. To specify a connection
you want to be available you simply add the ip address. eg "-:+"
in this string only can use vnc.