WinVNC server : regional settings

David Clark David.Clark@ons.gsi.gov.uk
Mon Jul 7 11:14:00 2003

We have some installations of WinVNV host on Windows NT 4 servers that also
run Domino. These servers are configured to use "English (United Kingdom)"
regional settings and have also had some registry changes for the Default
account to force the Domino server to use dd/mm/yyyy date format.

We've discovered that use of VNC on those servers can cause the regional
settings to revert to "English (United States)" - is there a way to prevent
this from happening?  I'm told the users are logging on with their normal
NT account which *should* have a UK-type profile.

Thanks

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications
Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics