Roasting old chestnuts

William Hooper
Sun Jul 6 15:05:00 2003

Robert de Bath said:
> Please don't run away, I do seem to have a new slant on this can of wormy
> chestnuts.
> The label on the can is "file transfers".
> Just use the http server on port 5800+

So you prepose to take the small, generally secure (only one issue that I
remember off the top of my head), single purpose HTTP server and transform
it into a full-fledged HTTP server, with all the security and complexity
issues involved with that?  Seems like a waste.  If you are forwarding
another port anyway, why not just setup a program that is designed to be
an HTTP server, or SSH, or any other number of file transfer programs.

William Hooper