a a a Tiny Embedded World and a a a Big VNC - is it possible ??

Bill Cassady caersidi@freeshell.org
Fri Jul 4 17:27:01 2003

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, karthik bala guru wrote:

> My brief Fairy Tale of the situation -
> I have a s/w for compiling and developing
> embedded softwares. I have only one h/w lock.
> I have one system in Chennai,india and another
> system in Banglore,india some 200 km away.
> I have the h/w lock in chennai. I will be able
> to compile and generate my hex file in chennai.
> I want to do the same from Banglore. Is it possible
> to access the system with h/w lock in chennai
> from banglore and generate my hex file by using
> VNC concept ??

Dear Karthik-

You have not stated what OS you are using -- but in general I have
found (on Linux) that I can run any system commands remotely, the same
as if sitting at the remote machine.

Good luck!

-Bill