Java error - NoClassDefFoundError

Anthony Jewell tjewell "at"
Fri Jul 4 10:30:01 2003

Your class path is not set to include the directory that holds

Either include the classpath on the command line (-classpath
"PathList") or use the CLASSPATH environment variable. PathList is ":"
seperated list of directories on Unix and ";" seperated list on

Note that in a browser, the vncviewer class is downloaded from the vnc

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, unixadmin wrote:
> Subject: Java error - NoClassDefFoundError
> I receive the same error on both my Windows and Linux boxes when I try to run
> the java client by itself.  However, through a browser it works fine.
> C:\>java vncviewer HOST PORT 5903
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vncviewer
> [root "at" apache1 root]$ java vncviewer
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: vncviewer
> What am I missing here?

Tony Jewell                             Tony.Jewell "at"
Cregganna Computer Consultants Ltd.