gmc crashing

Anthony Jewell tjewell "at" cregganna.com
Thu Jul 3 10:17:00 2003

Bill,

If I remember correctly, there is an issue with running gnome as root
on an out of the box Redhat 7.1 system. One of my systems corrupted
/usr/bin/panel. But I have also seen fsck problems following root
gnome use.

Do you get the same problem if you run gnome as root directly on the
box - ie not through vnc but logging in on the console. If so, have a
look at Gome bugzilla:
	http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

Anthony

--
Tony Jewell                             Tony.Jewell "at" cregganna.com
Cregganna Computer Consultants Ltd.     http://www.cregganna.com/