(no subject)

O.D.Iberien lovewalrus@hot.ee
Wed Jul 2 19:48:01 2003

Someone please tell me if I am right or wrong about this:

The heart of my problem is that VNC does not resize in response to changes in geometry. A 24-point letter is going to be the same size on the screen whether or not it is in a 640x400 window or a 1200x600 window. Although the VNC window changes size, the windows within it do not. For instance, only one-quarter of the OpenOffice window shows up within a full-screen VNC window. Without scrollbars, I have to drag the OpenOffice window around inside the VNC window in order to see all of it. If the scaling function actually worked, then it would be fine. But, it doesn't -- it is painfully out of focus.  I have a 17" monitor, which is pretty standard, so it seems odd to me that VNC seems to be scaled for use on something much larger

Is this something that I can correct? Or is this something I just have to wait on? It would be wonderful if it could open a full-featured desktop window manager properly.

ODI

Hot Mobiil - helinad, logod ja piltsunumid!
http://portal.hot.ee