VNC recorder/playback option
Tue Jan 21 13:16:02 2003
>>>>> "FP" == Frank Pikelner <email@example.com> writes:
FP> Has anyone considered the addition of a Recorder and Playback
FP> features to their VNC distribution? The features could be used in
FP> teaching, demonstrations, security, etc.
I'm aware of three ways to record VNC sessions (there may be other
possibilities as well):
1. rfbproxy by Tim Waugh: http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/rfbproxy/
2. VNC Reflector: http://sf.net/projects/vnc-reflector/
3. TightVNC Java viewer when run as an application (not an applet)
And here are two ways to playback saved VNC sessions:
1. rfbproxy Tim Waugh: http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/rfbproxy/
2. RFB Player (based on TightVNC Java viewer):
Important note: rfbproxy and VNC Reflector are Unix-based (but each of
them can be built with Cygwin tools under Windows).
File formats are basically compatible between rfbproxy, reflector and
Java viewer/player, if 24-bit color format is used for recording.
With Best Wishes,