connect takes three trys after server reboot
Mark H. Harris
Sat Apr 26 06:54:01 2003
I have been using 3.3.3R9 for a couple of years on W2000, and Linux.
I never tried it on W98; until today, and I have a little problem.
The server side is W98 running 3.3.7 (now)
And the client side is W2000 also running the new viewer 3.3.7
The problem seems to occur on the first connect to the W98 box running
the server; just after power on, or reboot.
Here is the problem: It takes exactly four (4) attempts to connect
before the connection actually works. On the first three attempts this
is what happens:
1) the wallpaper on the server gets scraped (thats good)
2) the mouse gets connected (i can move the mouse on the server from the
3) the screen on the client is black with borders and the small dot
4) the desktop from the server never shows up on the client; however it
does work... for instance if I click the client the server desktop
responds with a popup menu.
5) if I break the connection and retry then on the fourth (4th) attempt
the connections works just fine.
I can then make and break connections all day long without trouble. I
can even stop and restart the server code with out trouble. But, if I
reboot the W98 box that is running the server code then I have to
attempt three (3) connections from the W2000 box running the client
before the 4th connection actually works.
Please help. I have read the doc, read the FAQ, searched the archive,
and I'm stuck.
Thanks in advance.
Mark H. Harris