New VNCScan Release 5.2.1193
Tue Apr 8 20:18:01 2003
| VNCScan makes VNC useful for the |
| administrator with better things to do. |
|-------- HTTP://WWW.VNCSCAN.COM ---------|
NEW IN THIS RELEASE
Build 5.2.1193 (4/8/03)
* In addition to a new progress bar, there is also a new window that allows you to see what computers are being found while scanning. It also allows you to double-click on them to connect while scanning instead of waiting for the scan to complete.
* COOL: If the computer is also running Terminal Services (RDP), you can right-click on it and select "RDP Connect" and it will open the computer in a Terminal Services mode instead of VNC. There will be more built on this in future versions, but this is already quite handy for those of you that like to use the Terminal Services to administer the servers while using VNC to administer the desktops.
Let's see how long it takes before the clones copy this one! ;) Just remember that you saw it first here. And if you continue to support VNCScan, you'll continue to see new and cool things like this.
Build 5.2.1192 (4/7/03)
* There have been a number of changes in the scanning procedure that results in increased stability and accurate results.
* There have also been changes to the way that VNCScan keeps track of computer status. The status is updated after the scan is completed or canceled instead of right away. It's just more stable that way for now.
* If the computer name changes, VNCScan no longer creates a new entry for that computer. It recognizes the situation and just updates the status of the existing computer.