eSVNC 1.1.2 Release
Tue Oct 1 15:23:48 2002
Here is eSVNC 1.1.2.
I decided to release it in its current state because there's a
LOT of work to port all eSVNC's specific features to the
new RealVNC architecture.
- Cache Management for bandwidth saving over slow connections.
- Auto Mode that detects the connection speed and chooses the
appropriate settings. (That's not the RealVNC Auto Mode... but
seems to work quite well ;)
- Files Compression during Transfers.
- Improved security (FileTransfer can be disabled and server
can be autolocked after last viewer disconnection)
- Improved Self Installing Package.
- Various bug fixes.
- And more. Read whatsnew.txt file for details
Warning: It's not a beta version but I have not tested this version
as deeply as the previous ones. Anyway, I don't think there's
too much lethal bugs. Please Read the "Known issues" section
at the end of the readme.txt file.
eSVNC 1.1.2 now gives impressive results over slow (ie 22Kbit/s)
modem connections even without using the Fuzzy Mode.
And more optimizations are under developpement...
PS: The Sources should be available by the end of the week.