IP Address in address bar

Michael Roland god_morpheus@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 11:42:01 2002

Hallo!

>From: "Bon" <asian.snipperz@verizon.net>
>Subject: IP Address in address bar
>Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:01:38 -0500
>Hi, I want to know how can I type the IP address in the address
>bar,for exsample....http://127.0.0.1 is this correct?

If you are talking about the java viewer:
You need to calculate the port number by adding the display
number to 5800. So the url will be http://a.b.c.d:58XX/
Where a.b.c.d is your IP address (see below).

>[...] oh why do I see two IP addresses when I put the pointer on the small
>icon on the right corner where the clock is at?

Each of your network adapters has an ip address assigned to it.
So if you have 1 adapter for your lan (10.x.x.x or something)
this will be the ip address you use for connecting with the other
computers in your lan, and if you have one ras adapter there will
be another ip address which you use when connecting via the
internet.

--
Michael Roland
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mrddnsu/