Solaris 8 - window manager problem with vncviewer

William Hooper whooper@freeshell.org
Wed Nov 20 00:42:00 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <tej@cisco.com>
To: <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 5:52 PM
Subject: Solaris 8 - window manager problem with vncviewer

> Hi!
>
>    I have couple of problems with vncserver and
>    not able to fix .... Looking for some advise ...
[snip, can't help with the WM question]

>   2. vncviewer starts the window as root instead of my uid.
>      (I'm starting the vncserver as root)
>
> Any help in fixing this is really appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Tej

Doesn't this make sense?  If you run the server as root, everything under it
will be run as root.  If you run the service as a user, everything will be
run under that user.

--
William Hooper

If you're supposed to live each day as if it was your last,
  when are you supposed to do laundry?