Solaris 8 - window manager problem with vncviewer

tej@cisco.com tej@cisco.com
Tue Nov 19 22:56:00 2002

Hi!

   I have couple of problems with vncserver and
   not able to fix .... Looking for some advise ...

   1. Always my vncviewer starts twm. I'm running dtwm
      on my w/s and the xstartup file looks fine. However,
      vncviewer starts twm with just one xterm.
      (I don't get any of the sessions either)

      platform: sloaris 8

      xstartup file:

      #!/bin/sh

      #xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
      xsetroot -solid grey
      xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
      /usr/dt/bin/dtwm &

  2. vncviewer starts the window as root instead of my uid.
     (I'm starting the vncserver as root)

Any help in fixing this is really appreciated.

thanks,
Tej