Fri Nov 15 20:54:01 2002
Is anyone keeping a tally of the distro's, ports, spin-offs, flavors, etc., of VNC out there? The fine folks at the ORL web site where keeping track for a long time, but since the dispersal, I'm not sure where to look.
The RealVNC web site doesn't appear to contain the same information. I suppose that if there is no one doing it right now, I'll do the research and put up a "portal" of sorts. There needs to be a web site that is "everything of vnc". I just don't want to start on it if someone else plans to.
- Steve Bostedor
There is a new version of VNCScan Console available.
You can get it at http://www.vncscan.com
Build 5.1.1049 (11/15/02)
The following new features in this release only work on Windows 2000 and NT computers
* Added the ability to remotely start and stop the VNC server service on computers if the operating system supports it.
* Added the ability to remotely reboot a computer if the operating system supports it.
Build 5.1.1048 (11/14/02)
* Fixed a bug in the Help/About box so that it displays the correct registration information
Increased the feedback given during a scan
* New message placed in the installer to warn of the possible need to reboot on Win9x computers after install.
* If MDAC is not installed, you are given a direct link to download it instead of just quitting
Build 5.1.1047 (11/13/02)
* Added the ability to scan multiple groups at the same time (previous versions limited to one)
VNCScan now remembers the last location that you saved an HTML export to.
Build 5.1.1046 (11/12/02)
* Added the ability to check for updates. Can be turned of in the program options
* Fixed a couple of minor bugs
* Added the ability to connect to a Windows share by right-clicking on a computer and choosing the option in the menu
* Improved threading of the scanning components to yield better results and improve performance.