Displayrate in x0rfbserver

"Beerse, Corné" c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl
Thu Nov 14 17:03:00 2002

Not with the vnc protocol...
Most camara's use mpeg or mjpeg or variants, all in hardware encoding.
Software driven example: Pentium III processor, 500 MHz, 500MByte memory.
Recoding pal video data (25 fps, 300x400 pixels) from mjpeg to mpeg takes
about 4 to 8 times the duration of the video.

> 2)how do we implement mpeg standards?

I don't know if vnc will ever do mpeg (however, it can have it's advantages
if properly tweaked).

Start searching at (for example) http://www.mpeg.org/.

> 3)is any software/tool available for video transmission
> following mpeg standards?

Lots, most commercial, some free/gpl/gnu licensed. See the above link (and
many others)

CBee