Router help

William Hooper whooper@freeshell.org
Tue Nov 12 20:48:00 2002

You can put the VNC system in the DMZ and it should work.  The problem
is that you are opening all your ports up to the Internet when you do
that.  There are a number of people that have gotten PcAnywhere and VNC
to work without having to resort to the DMZ.

VPN creates a Virtual Private Network over one port, so basically all of
your ports are open to the remote network, kind of like the DMZ.

Does the Linksys have any logging so that you can see if it is dropping
any packets?  Once again, can you ping the 64.130.xxx.xxx address?  Did
you try any of the suggestions in my last e-mail?

--
William Hooper