Freezing displays

Terry_Houchins/FujiKoKi@fujikoki.com Terry_Houchins/FujiKoKi@fujikoki.com
Tue Nov 12 17:48:11 2002

I have the same problem also on some Win95/98 machines.
Problem seems to be okay on Win2000/XP machines.

Terry Houchins
Network Coordinator
Fujikoki America
Dallas, TX  75234

                    Steve Mancour
                    <taozensteve@yah       To:     vnc-list@realvnc.com
                    oo.com>                cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: Freezing displays
                    vnc-list-admin@r
                    ealvnc.com

                    11/12/2002 09:52
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to vnc-list

I have the most recent video drivers installed on the troubled systems, and
have replaced the card on the worst machine to see if it had any effect.
It didn't.  I also tried upgrading to VNC 3.3.5, but I get the same
problem.  Currently, I am trying a different combination:  VNC 3.3.5
server, and TightVNC for the client.  It seems to be working with no
freezes yet, but it has only been on for one day.
 Regards,
Steve

Terry_Houchins/FujiKoKi@fujikoki.com wrote:Steve,
Have you replace the problem workstations updated video cards?

Terry Houchins
Network Coordinator
Fujikoki America
Dallas, TX 75234

Steve Mancour
oo.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Freezing displays
vnc-list-admin@r
ealvnc.com

11/11/2002 04:55
AM
Please respond
to vnc-list

I run VNC 3.3.4 server and send the display out to approximately 8 clients
on a 2000 Professional peer to peer network. Two of the clients freeze
their displays (one of them quite frequently). I need to track down the
problem, but I don't know where to look. I have replaced the various
hardware components of the most troublesome machine (except the
motherboard), to no effect. Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Steve