VNC helpdesk situation
Tue Nov 12 13:56:01 2002
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:00:00 +0800
Subject: VNC> helpdesk situation
Thank you for all the responses. Maybe I was not so clear earlier on. I
apologise, I'll try to be more exact this time to get the right help. Many
We are trying to use VNC for a helpdesk situation and would appreciate some
help. Here goes...
1. End user runs VNC server on his PC.
2. VNC server prompts end user for password. End user keys in password.
3. Login password is verified against NT domain login password or
MS network login password. If password is correct VNC server fires up.
4. After VNC server is running, it would be on listening mode for
5. Helpdesk personnel runs viewer to connect to end user server via
IP address of server PC.
6. In a standard way, VNC server would prompt viewer PC for login password. We
want to elliminate this step. ie the VNC server would allow viewer PC to
connect to the server PC without any checks of password. That means the
helpdesk personnel on the viewer pc need not know the end user login password.
IS this possible?
How can this be done?
Many thanks in advanced for any help....... :)