VNC Protocol over JMS

Christopher Allan White chris@flyingwireless.com
Sat Nov 9 03:40:21 2002

Hi,

I have created a WinVNC proxy that locally requests the frame buffer
updates and broadcasts the resulting VNC protocol over a JMS but to
Swing Java applet that paints the VNC output on a Canvas.  My main goal
is to be able to tunnel the VNC protocol through firewalls and provide
broadcast capabilities via the JMS bus.

I have it working but it is extremely slow and use-able.  Has anyone
tried to do this?  I basically use a javax.swing.StreamMessage to send
the bytes over to the client.  Any advice or pointers to similar
implementation would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris