VNC 3.3.5 "Add new client" port option - limited?

Gary Sieker gsieker@mail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:41:00 2002

> From: "Andy Harter" <ach@realvnc.com>
> To: <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
> Subject: VNC 3.3.5 released
> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:02:28 -0000
>
>   * "Add New Client" optionally takes a port number

Great feature! I'm very glad to see it.  I have tried the option and it
works well...except for one little limitation...It appears to only work
for offsets 1-99 which point to ports 5501-5599.  This is fine, unless
you need to tunnel through port 80, or for some reason you have a
different set of ports you want to use.  I like to use non-standard port
ranges for an extra bit of security, and I also do use 80 occasionally.

It would be nice if it worked like the viewer port offset (which seems to
just subtract 5900 from the number given).  So, for example, if I want
port 80, I subtract 5500 from 80 and use -5420.  If I want 5605, I would
use 105, etc.

Please consider this as a wish-list request.

Regards,

Gary Sieker

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116