Access to on a local network from internet

Scott C. Best sbest@best.com
Thu Nov 7 20:22:00 2002

Dave:

	Heya. Yes, you're right: I forgot to mention that. If
your PC is on a LAN behind a NAT'ing firewall/router, you will be
unable to use the VNC viewer to connect to your firewall/router's
external, real-world, IP address. Sorry. 'Tis a limitation of
NAT'ing firewall/routers.

	Take heart though: if you can connect to your VNC servers
using their LAN IP addresses, and if GoToMyVNC.com says it can
detect the servers, I'm 90-percent-plus confident you will be able
to connect to them remotely. If you haven't set any special
AuthHost settings on your VNC servers, I'm even more so.

cheers,
Scott