Ctrl-Alt-Del from X to Windows

William Hooper whooper@freeshell.org
Thu Nov 7 00:24:00 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <uxrules@netscape.net>
To: <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 5:22 PM
Subject: Ctrl-Alt-Del from X to Windows

> I'm connecting from an vncviewer (version 1.2.2) on a Linux system to a
vncserver running on W2K.  How to I send ctrl-alt-del to the W2K system so I
can unlock the screenn?  I've done a mouse click (right and left) on the
window edge with no luck.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> - Jamie

Version 1.2.2?  I assume you are using TightVNC?

Either way, the answer is the same, use the F8 pop-up window and you should
be set:
http://www.tightvnc.com/doc/man/vncviewer.1.html
http://www.realvnc.com/man/vncviewer.html

The newest RealVNC version also lets you change what key causes the pop-up
window to appear.  I have notice, though, some window managers like to grab
the keystrokes or something so F8 might only work in full screen mode (I've
seen it on RH 7.3 and Gnome).

--
William Hooper

I'm going crazy. Wanna come along ?