Loopback problem

James Pifer jamesvnclist@tnjinfl.com
Mon Nov 4 18:22:00 2002

I'm trying to use the latest release, RealVNC 3.3.4, on Windows 2000.
The problem I'm having is with enabling the loopback. On the older
versions of VNC there was an Advanced option in the properties of the
server where you could enable loopback. On the newest version I don't
have this.

I also tried adding the registry key AllowLoopback as a DWORD = 1 at
HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default and restarting the VNC server. When I
try to connect using the local looback it still gives me an error that
it's disabled.

I also searched the archive and did not find an answer. What am I
missing?

Thanks,
James