View Problems

Technology Listserves techlists@execinc.com
Fri Nov 1 18:22:00 2002

Okay, now I have the following configuration:

#!/bin/sh
[-r $HOME/.Xresources] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls
gnome-session &

With this, I connect to the Linux box, the background is yellow, and I see a terminal window.  However, I cannot see anything else!

>>> c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl 11/01/02 10:10AM >>>

I bet `twm` is not available on your machine. Either install that one or
alter the setup to use the windowmanager (or displaymanager like kde or
gnome) of your choice. Check the archives for details.

Alternatively setup this:
http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp