Semi-Off-Topic - Rotor for BSD and scripting WinNT shutdowns

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at"
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:32:14 +0000

FYI - for anyone who was interested in "Rotor" and is running BSD, it is now
up at

I went to look at it just because I found it very ironic to see a *.tgz file
available for download from Microsoft... :)

Also, I have a test ActiveX DLL up which can be used from WSH  to force a
server shutdown (among other things).  The beta version, along with docs, is
up at:

After I get the code cleaned up, I expect to put the whole thing up at
SourceForge.  It is ONLY usable from local WSH or from an application which
can talk to a COM interface, so you need either WSH installed or have to
write a small front-end for the DLL at this point.
See also: