ZoneAlarm Lock kicks in when using VNC

Fred fma "at"
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:27:14 +0000

Allowing VNC to pass the lock doesn't seem to prevent the
connection from being  broken when ZA kicks in.

About the fact that only local keyboard/mouse activity is
considered "activity" by ZA's timer, I assume you mean that
keyboard/mouse stuff sent to vncviewer is not considered
local, even though I am using the local keyboard and mouse
to generate this input to vncviewer?  This might actually be
a moot question because I think ZA is kicking in even when
I'm doing word processing; I'll keep an eye out to be sure.

Fred Ma
Department of Electronics
Carleton University, Mackenzie Building
1125 Colonel By Drive