vncsnapshot and new version of TightVNC 1.2.3 released

Grant McDorman grant.mcdorman "at"
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:16:24 +0000

According to Constantin Kaplinsky:
> Hello,
> TightVNC 1.2.3 has been finally released.

vncsnapshot ( is based on TightVNC.

I used TightVNC 1.2.2 as the base. However, after inspecting the new version
(1.2.3) I have found that the portions of TightVNC used by vncsnapshot have
not changed.

Therefore, I can state that vncsnapshot is still (also?) based on TightVNC,
version 1.2.3.

By the way, I would appreciate comments from people using vncsnapshot - I
notice it's been downloaded quite a few times. Aside from being nosy,
comments will also help me to discover if it is ready to move from 'beta' to
'released' status.

Thank you.

Grant McDorman <grant.mcdorman "at">, Sr. Software Design Consultant
Cedara Software Corp.  <URL:>
  (formerly I.S.G. Technologies Inc.)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]
See also: