TightVNC 1.2.3 released

tony.caduto@micorp.com tony.caduto "at" micorp.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:04:51 +0000

The only thing I can think of is the service needs to ignore the shutdown
message until it is the only running service left then shut down.
I don't program is C or C++ (Delphi rules:-) so I can only guess.

Tony Caduto
Programmer/Analyst
M&I Trust and Investment Management

                    Constantin Kaplinsky
                    <const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru>         To:     vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
                    Sent by:                        cc:
                    owner-vnc-list "at" uk.resear        Subject:     Re: TightVNC 1.2.3 released
                    ch.att.com

                    03/25/2002 01:48 PM
                    Please respond to
                    vnc-list

Hello Tony,

tc> Does tight VNC shut down before everything else like standard VNC?
tc> For those of you who don't know when you reboot a server with vnc,
tc> the vnc service is the first to die, and if something else hangs ,
tc> you will never know it. This is ok if the server is down the hall,
tc> but when it is across town or the country it really sucks.

TightVNC is similar to VNC in this aspect. If somebody knows how to
solve the problem the most correct way, please let me know, I'll try
to fix that, if that would not take too much time.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin