TightVNC 1.2.3 released

Mike Miller mbmiller "at" taxa.epi.umn.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:52:40 +0000

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 tony.caduto "at" micorp.com wrote:

> Does tight VNC shut down before everything else like standard VNC? For
> those of you who don't know when you reboot a server with vnc, the vnc
> service is the first to die, and if something else hangs , you will
> never know it.
>
> This is ok if the server is down the hall, but when it is across town or
> the country it really sucks.

Is there no way to force windows to reboot, automatically ignoring all
hanging programs?  It would answer all "end task?" questions for the user
with a 'yes.'  That would be ideal.  I guess it doesn't exist.  Microsoft
isn't exactly a good listener, so I won't bother to recommend it!

Mike