sound problem

Richard Clegg RichardC "at" pcgsystems.co.uk
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:35:28 +0000

Assuming the sound worked OK before, you could go back to the onboard sound?

If you've tried different speakers, and you get the same sound, then
assuming the speakers work OK on another machine/sound source, then I would
say the problem was with either the sound card, or some source of
interference from either the PC, or surrounding equipment.  Could be another
problem, but I'm gonna assume (possibly wrongly) that it worked OK before
you disabled the onboard sound.

And besides that, you are right.  This is TOTALLY off the subject of VNC.
Really shouldn't answer, only I'm such a nice guy, can't help it! ;-)

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: xBANEx [mailto:XBANEX "at" equalvision.net]
Sent: 24 March 2002 22:34
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: sound problem

i know this is TOTALLLY off the subject of vnc but i desperatly need some
help.  i have a compaq presario 5000, i have an onboard sound card, i
disabled it and put a new one in, now, whenever i listened to music or games
i got a bad popping noise or static, and feedback, so, i switched cards, i
went out and got the new fortissimo from hercules.. its seems like a great
card, but now the popping is just a little better and not to frequent but it
still happens when the sound is real low, when the sound is low all you can
here is static and some music, and when im in a game the sound jumps from
being loud to low, it seems like it cant handle the sounds???  i disabled
the onboard sound in my bios, but whatelse can i try to get my sound to
work, i just spent sooo much money on nice speakers and a nice card,  its
not the speakres either because i tried it with 3 different pairs,,,,

thanx
greg.

**NOTE**
this is a free web-based email service provided by Equal Vision Records.
this email address does not belong to an employee of Equal Vision Records,
nor are they associated with us in any way.
**NOTE**