Java Exception Error

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:34:55 +0000

DO you use terminal service?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of hubrig "at" web.de
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 9:23 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Java Exception Error

Hi!

A friend told me about this really nice remote display system and I
decided to give it a try. So I downloaded the package and installed the
server software on my windows xp at home using the Install Default
Registry Settings as told in the documentation.

At work I tried to connect to my pc but it didn't work. When I use the
viewer I get the password screen but on entering the password there is a
popping up of a big window and then the viewer dies. When trying again I
always get only the message "connection closed".

After that I tried access with my internet browser. And after entering
the password I get the message "java.io.EOFException".

Any hint where I'm doing something wrong ?

Tanks

Jens