Password Restriction

Chris Johansen johansen "at" main.nc.us
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:53:07 +0000

At 3/22/2002 Friday 02:11 PM -0600, Chris Icenhower wrote:
>I want to use WinVNC as a remote network utility.  I want to remotely
>access these computers without the end-user changing the settings or
>server passwords.  Is there a way to restrict the user from modify this
>configuration?

Chris, see "WinVNC - The Win32 VNC server"
<http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html>.  Find the third instance
of "AllowProperties"; read what follows:

"If this is set to zero, the user is not allowed to view the properties
dialog and hence cannot change any settings, including the password. Note
that this stops all global per-user settings. A valid password must
therefore be in force before using this setting, generally in the local
default-user setting. Local per-user setting."

Best regards,
--
Chris Johansen
33 Haywood Street