no static ip

Tony Wright tony "at" linkplastics.co.uk
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:23:47 +0000

If you have dns2go working you an just type in:

		http://www.myaddress.com:5800

IE just follow your domain name with a colon then the port number.
Is that what you mean?
Works fine for me. I have my internal network set up through a NAT and it
just directs port requests to my local PC

By the way I suggest you use the auth hosts reg entry to prevent anyone else
logging onto your IP!

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Wood [mailto:cwood "at" corinth.ms]
Sent: 22 March 2002 14:31
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: no static ip

Thanks TW.

Okay, I've got DNS to go running. * Like the price *

2nd problem. DNS2GO picks up my server's IP and I need to add the :5800 to
the
ip or url so that the server will direct to my station on the network where
have the vnc application running. Possible ? I already have the port open
and
can access directly by typing int the dns followed by :5800 IE:
http://44.156.195.86:5800

Thanks,

chip