VNC Authentication via Form/Query String

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at"
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:14:20 +0000

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:04:00AM -0800, Marc Bertone wrote:
> I was looking for a way to use the browser based viewer to pass the password
> into the applet using a form or the query string.  For example, I would like
> to connect to or something similar.
> Of course if there is another way to create a link / form / POST that will
> make this work, I would be happy to hear it!!

The TightVNC Java viewer has a password parameter that can be set in the
applet tag in the HTML.  The port 5800 web server does not do CGI, but
you could serve the applet from your own CGI script on a separate web

Alternative Technology, Inc.
See also: