New to VNC.

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:39:07 +0000

I was looking for that particular resource.  It also looks like you would
understand my old test network naming scheme (nobody ever took servers named
"Mort" and "Binky" seriously....)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant McDorman" <grant.mcdorman "at" cedara.com>
To: "Trunktracker" <trnktrkr "at" tampabay.rr.com>
Cc: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday, 2002-03-21 11:41
Subject: Re: New to VNC.

: <shameless plug>
: You could also use vncsnapshot <vncsnapshot.sourceforge.net> to take
: periodic snapshots of the VNC server and upload that.
: </shameless plug>.
:
: Of course, there are other applications that can be used to get screen
grabs
: from the command line.
:
: A continuously updating display is much harder, though; as other people
have
: commented, you really need to use a streaming protocol for that.
:
: According to Trunktracker:
: > Okay, well thanks for yur help.  Perhaps I'll just set up a web cam.
: >
: > Ben Everett.
: > trnktrkr "at" tampabay.rr.com
:
: --
:
: Grant McDorman <grant.mcdorman "at" cedara.com>, Sr. Software Design Consultant
: Cedara Software Corp.  <URL:http://www.cedara.com>
:   (formerly I.S.G. Technologies Inc.)
: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
:
: [demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]