VNC through port 80? - having problems

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:43:44 +0000

Unfortunately you can't enter negative numbers in vnc.
for port 80 try 4294961476
for port 21 try 4294961417

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Kyle Yamnitz
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 9:41 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNC through port 80? - having problems

Hi Nick,

> I was very happy to see someone actually get this to work.  One question
> though.  In step 2, you state you use the viewer.  Are you referring to
the
> Java "web" viewer or the standard viewer?

The standard VNC viewer (not in a web browser).

> When I type in "<ip address>:-5879" into the standard VNC Viewer, I get
the
> error "Invalid Protocol" right away.  If I type it into a web browser, the
> title bar area reads "invalid syntax error" and I get "Page cannot be
> displayed".

Are you running something else (FTP serving software?) on port 21?  If so,
that's the message you would get.  You won't be able to do that in the web
browser though.  Since port 21 isn't working, try port 23 (telnet) with
-5877 on both ends.  Good luck,
	--Kyle Yamnitz
	  The Lesson Plans Page:
		http://www.LessonPlansPage.com