VNC authentication failed, after working for months

"Beerse, Corné" cbeerse "at" hiscom.nl
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:43:00 +0000

Has been... THat rings a bell.

>   I started this particular session up months ago and have
> successfully
> connected to it daily since then.  Today, from every machine I have
> tried to connect from, I get "VNC authentication failed" when I
> enter the password.

Have you tried the local machine?
The message indicates that the server still runs.

>   I don't want to loose that session because I have lots of
> stuff running
> in it.  How can I get in?

At the console, check if the server is still running.
If so, Check the password or force it to your known password.