Screen blanking?...

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:41:35 +0000

If I understand you right, you mean blanking out the server's screen (the
client is the controlling machine; the server is the machine which is
"serving" a desktop, so blanking out the client's desktop would be useless).

Having gotten the nomenclature point out of the way... ;)

It appears not. The VNC documentation for the server is very complete, and
shows no such ability.  The closest you can come is the ability to disable
inputs from keyboard and mouse on the server, but that only prevents
intervention, of course, not viewing from the VNC server console.

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Victor" <jwvictor "at" yahoo.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 2002-03-19 17:59
Subject: Screen blanking?...

: Hello everyone, I'm new to the list, joined to ask a
: question; does anyone know if there is a version of
: VNC that supports screen blanking on the client (i.e.,
: blanking or blacking out the client's screen while
: working on it)?
:
: I'm runing 3.3.3r9, for Windows 2000.
:
:
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Yahoo! Sports - live college hoops coverage
: http://sports.yahoo.com/