network

xBANEx XBANEX "at" equalvision.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:09:40 +0000

please help, im using my downstairs computer as a server for my computer, but i cant touch my downstairs computer nor put anything on it, i need to know how to get my own ip address for this computer, being my client, so i can run vnc, im getting weird stuff like. 192.168.0.2 and that works in this house with vnc but it doesnt work in the outside world.... i also get the same ip address as the one downstairs and that doesnt work eaither..... somone please help me get around this.... u can email me at xbanex "at" equalvision.net or just respond to this... i tried everything!  my specs are windows 98 second eddition, and 1 accton nic and 1 realtek nic in the downstairs and 1 accton nic in the upstairs.. and running a pentium 3 with 578 megs of ram........ geforce 2 card, blah blah blah, u prolly dont need to know this stuff but there it is :)

thanx..
greg

**NOTE**
this is a free web-based email service provided by Equal Vision Records.  this email address does not belong to an employee of Equal Vision Records, nor are they associated with us in any way.
**NOTE**