VNC through port 80? - having problems

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:55:01 +0000

Yah, I didn't realize he was suggesting putting the VNC server on port
80 and accessing with the client.  That is cool though.  As for the 100
ports apart, the applet allows you to specify a port for the server, at
least the version that I have.  Wouldn't be too difficult to have the
server listen on a port, say 10 above the server and adjust the web
server accordingly.  It would require a hack to the source code though.
:)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of H. Phil Duby
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 6:37 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNC through port 80? - having problems

That would be SOL connecting with a web browser.  That (with all VNC
versions that I know about) will always need 2 ports, and AFAIK, always
100 port numbers apart.  Using the stand-alone / OS specific VNC viewer
program instead will allow you to get by using a single port, if you can
convince all of the pieces to use the port you have available.