VNC through port 80? - having problems

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:26:28 +0000

:) That's evil, cool deal.  The problem is that the VNC socket would
then be on Port 90 which may be closed by his firewall at work.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Alex K.
Angelopoulos
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 9:34 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNC through port 80? - having problems

Kyle:

Here is the method which is supposed to work (pulled from Shola
Ogunlokun,
Mike Morrel, and Michael Millette's post in late January).

(1) Open  the VNC server applet from the system tray.

(2) This step is a workaround for the fact that you can't enter a
negative
number into the display field - but you can paste one in.  Open notepad,
type in
-5820
and copy that into the VNC display number field.
This number comes from taking (desired portnumber)-(5900)

(3) At next restart, the VNC server should be running on port 80.