The Next Generation display numbers

Jonathan Morton chromi "at" cyberspace.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:31:42 +0000

>Sure;  my point is the method used for tying ports and displays together. It
>makes use of custom lower-numbered ports significantly more difficult.

I addressed this in ChromiVNC, by writing two very simple routines to
convert between display and port number (both ways).  I then
dedicated one input field to the display number, and another to the
port number.  The two were linked together using the two routines, so
typing in either one would update the other on the fly.  In addition,
it remembered which one had last been typed in, and used that to
determine which value to save in the Preferences.

Fundamentally, it's a user-interface problem, so that's how I addressed it.