VNC through port 80? - having problems

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:01:50 +0000

Do you have your Linksys configured to forward port 80 to your web
server?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Kyle Yamnitz
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 10:52 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: VNC through port 80? - having problems

Greetings all,
        I'm trying to get VNC working on my home computer (has a LinkSys
firewall) so I can access it from my work computer (behind Sprint PCS
firewall / proxy).  The default port won't work because it's
blocked.  Trying the 5800 port with the default web server in VNC
doesn't
work either (through a web browser as ip:5800).  From what I undertand,
have to get the default web server working on port 80 to be able to
access
through my work's firewall.  Then I should be able to access my computer
through a web browser.   Can anyone explain how to do this?
        I have my home router properly forwarding ports 80, 5800, 5900,
etc. to the box I am trying to reach.  I understand networking basics,
but
I don't have the capability of compiling Java code, etc.
        I've read the info on viewing in a web browser at the bottom of
the getting started page:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/start.html
and the info about running on port 80 in the FAQ:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/faq.html#q54
but neither of these have worked for me...

        A big thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with
this!  Take care,
	--Kyle Yamnitz
	  The Lesson Plans Page:
		http://www.LessonPlansPage.com