VNC and NAT

H. Phil Duby onlyvnc "at" phriendly.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 04:35:28 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Crooks" <jdc "at" can-com.net>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:36 AM
Subject: VNC and NAT

> Hello,
>
> Is there anywhere I can get some answers on connecting to a VNC server
that
> is behind a router doing DHCP and NAT?

I am doing that with a 3COM router with DHCP and NAT.  All I
needed to do was go to the 'virtual server' configuration page
(configuration is through web browser), set ports 5800 and 5900
to forward to the machine with VNC server running, and enable
them.  Even with DHCP, the IP does not change often enough to
be a problem.  I think I've seen it change once in the past year plus.

YMMV